Summer Intensive Coordinator and Registrar
Posted April 21, 2021
New York, New York, United States
About Ellison Ballet
Founded in 2005 by world-renowned ballet master Edward Ellison, Ellison Ballet is an award-winning year-round, full-day training program designed to meet the needs of talented, dedicated students (ages 12-19) who seek the very highest standards of classical ballet training. This unique Russian/Vaganova-based training offers every opportunity for gifted young dancers to explore and discover their greatest individual artistic potential in preparation for a successful career in dance, with nearly 100% of its graduates obtaining professional company contracts and receiving numerous top prizes at international ballet competitions. Included in Ellison Ballet’s training curriculum are the three Summer Intensive programs which have become a destination for some of the most talented students in North America and abroad, offering the highest quality ballet education for serious students.
Reporting to the Artistic Director and Managing Director, the Summer Intensive Coordinator and Registrar takes the lead in planning and carrying out auditions held locally and across the U.S. to identify prospective candidates for Ellison Ballet’s Summer Intensive Programs, fulfills a variety of admissions functions for processing accepted students, manages enrollment, and serves as the point person on-site during the six-week program. This is a highly collaborative position involving teamwork within the department as well as with the school’s faculty, and extensive communications with the public and other dance organizations.
Key responsibilities include:
- Strategic planning for all audition initiatives in collaboration with the artistic and managing directors.
- Oversee execution of Ellison Ballet’s National Audition Tour. Book venues, manage administrative and artistic staffing plans, make travel arrangements and coordinate itineraries, payments, and reimbursements. Oversee student audition registrations and payments and communicate with applicants. Manage audition site execution. Involves extensive collaboration with Ellison Ballet’s administrative team, database, design department and artistic staff.
- Manage relationships with audition host sites; implement administrative and artistic staffing for auditions; coordinate all logistics of auditions including pianists used for audition classes. Manage audition tour project budget. Requires availability to work at local audition sites on select weekends during the school year.
- Plan and oversee logistics for Ellison Ballet’s on-site and virtual auditions.
- Manage admissions for EB’s summer intensive programs and coordinate summer student housing, working closely with administration and marketing personnel to meet enrollment targets. Collaborate with the artistic and managing directors on orientation/communications with new program participants and track income.
- In collaboration with Ellison Ballet’s Managing Director, serve as primary admissions liaison for students/parents enrolling in EB’s summer intensive programs. Manage enrollment communications, track student forms, and collaborate with Artistic and Managing Directors as needed on program needs.
- In collaboration with EB’s administrative team, provide admissions support for incoming new students and returning students. Responsibilities may include recruiting calls with parents of accepted students, management of registration process, and tracking of student forms.
- Serve as EB’s liaison with prospective summer students and parents, responding to email and phone queries concerning auditions and enrollment.
- Track audition statistics and analyze trends.
- Collaborate with other members of department on outreach projects and initiatives as needed.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications and abilities:
- 4+ years of work experience in an administrative, communications, or marketing capacity.
- Strong commitment to the mission and goals of Ellison Ballet; interest in ballet and the arts.
- Outstanding organizational skills, meticulous record-keeping, and attention to detail.
- Strong math skills and the ability to accurately manage budgets and expenses.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel/Google Drive. Experience using database systems, mass email applications, and form data collection applications a plus, eg: Cvent.
- Excellent writing, communication, and interpersonal skills. Well-spoken and outgoing.
- Able to represent Ellison Ballet well to various constituencies, with the ability to work and succeed independently and as part of a team.
- Available for weekend work during the audition period. Must be available to work on-site during the six-week summer program.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Ellison Ballet offers a competitive salary.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to Managing Director Diane di Stasio at firstname.lastname@example.org by May 1.
No phone calls please.
Position to begin in May 2021.
Ellison Ballet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.